Thursday 28 November 2013

Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX [Review]

Beautiful blue. 

Laneige (The Snow) in French, is a Korean brand by Amore Pacific. This may be surprising given that the medicinal blue, glassy packaging and the minimalist font do not look like the typically bubbly and colourful products from the East. Laneige is hardly a drugstore brand too- the product is priced above the average moisturiser, but I am convinced for good reason. On top of its elegant and beautiful packaging, it promises much to your skin, and delivers it wonderfully.

Description
This sleeping pack looks like mint coloured cream, feels like/ has the consistency of gel, and spreads out like water. It's nothing like I've ever used, as it is more like a watery gel which consistency adapts and morphs to suit your skin. It's really amazing yet odd, and the gimmicky term 'water science' Laneige employs suddenly sounds... incredibly credible.

But the effects the product gives are definitely more stunning than the cream itself.

How I felt 
With normal skin and no breakouts usually, I use this as my only moisturiser as I find it moisturising enough for my skin. It can even be applied under my eyes as it is not too heavy.

If you are used to a more diverse and disciplined routine unlike me, you should apply this only at the very last, to lock in all the goodness from your serums, essences and what not.

Although this is a sleeping pack, the gel is absorbed nearly immediately and has no residue at all. However, your skin WILL feel cooler, tighter and bouncier. While I have read reviews saying that they felt a 'film' over their skin, I did not feel that at all.

I went to sleep with none of the uncomfortable feeling of having a sleeping pack on, and woke up to dewy and pretty skin. A few splashes of cold tap water, and I was good to go.

One overlooked perk... 
One perk of having great skin in the morning, after the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack Ex soothes and moisturises it throughout the night, is that my make up glided on, looking fresher, and more vibrant than usual. I think this is a very important and extremely underrated benefit of this product! It was not through nature, or by virture of my application of my brow powder, that my eyebrows looked so much more bright and natural the next day. My brush glided in more even strokes and colour was applied onto my skin more easily. Thus, the dewyness of your skin and the vibrance of the makeup on your face can be enhanced with this sleeping pack, making you look younger and better.

Any side effects? 
I have not experienced pimples or milia with this product, although I have with other products from brands like Neutrogena and Bioessence. To be sure about your skin condition however, you should ideally have a sample and use it at least twice!

Buy this product if: 
  1. You want better skin! Seriously, I haven't used a better sleeping pack/ moisturiser than this... 
  2. You want to wake up to better skin. I haven't used a product that could just improve my skin quality so significantly overnight. 
  3. You have a mid-range budget. While you do not want to purchase a drugstore product, you do not want to splurge on something expensive either. 

More tips for skincare from me: 
  1. Don't listen to everything the experts say. Believe in your own skin, know how it reacts to different products. Do your own research. 
  2. Have 'safe' products as a back up. You know that cheap and trusty moisturiser that doesn't break you out but doesn't do much for you either? Have those handy in case you break out from the jazzier, newer inventions. 
  3. Drink water. Yes, it's that simple... Just keep drinking it. I try to have 2 litres a day.  
Do leave me a comment, if you have any more questions on this product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment